Social Media & Mental Health: Social Comparison, Highlight Reels, & Confidence
Grade Level: Adaptable for grades 6-12 & higher ed.
By the end of this lesson, students will be able to…
- Define social comparison and identify the difference between upward, downward, and neutral social comparisons.
- Define what a highlight reel is on social media.
- Remind themselves of what they are good at and confident about.
- Identify strategies they can use to make their social media feed their confidence instead of lower it.
- Ability to play video with audio to class.
- Worksheets for students.
- Chalk/white/digital board to draw on.